DIY Hacks: Descale A Shower
It’s one of those jobs that seems to get put off again, and again and again… until it’s almost impossible NOT to notice.
Guilty as charged? Then you’ll know what we’re talking about and completely agree that showering with limescale and grime sure isn’t a pleasant way to start or end your day.
Imagine how much more you’d enjoy showering if the door and walls of your shower were grime-free?
The good news is, it’s easier than you think to get a sparkly clean shower and you don’t need to use harsh chemicals to achieve it.
First – some basic tips
- It’ll be far easier to clean your shower if you do it regularly.
- Try wiping down the doors and walls each time you shower to prevent build-up.
- Keep a microfibre cloth handy nearby to remind you.
- Be patient – your treatment needs time to do its magic.
5 Steps to descaling a shower
- Mix one cup of white vinegar with one cup of hot water.
- Add a tablespoon of detergent and stir.
- Using a spray bottle, apply to the affected areas.
- Wait 30 minutes for the mixture to work its magic.
- Wipe with a microfibre cloth.
There you have it – hacked.
With these helpful hacks, you can kiss goodbye nasty build-ups of limescale and grime on your shower and sink areas.
Source: Erinna Giblin, Realestate.com.au